Welcome to Programmers Portal! We appreciate your interest in contributing articles to our platform.
In this post, we will explain the process of article writing, guidelines, article writing advantages and best practices you should follow to contribute articles on our platform. Let’s get started.
1. Why Should I Write an Article?
The first question that will come to your mind is why should I even bother to write/contribute an article. Are there any advantages of article writing? The answer is yes.
Here are some of the advantages of writing/contributing article at Programmers Portal:
- Writing about something always enhances your knowledge. The reason is that before you write an article, you yourself have to have an in-depth knowledge of that topic.
- It enhances your own understanding of programming concepts and technologies by researching and articulating your thoughts in articles.
- It helps you connect with other professionals, developers, and enthusiasts within the programming community. Networking can lead to collaborations, job opportunities, and valuable relationships.
- It improves your communication skills for sure.
- It helps you add new skills to your resume.
- Attract job opportunities or freelance gigs by showcasing your expertise and experience through your articles.
- Based on your contribution, we will feature you on the homepage of our website.
2. On Which Topic Can I Write an Article?
You are free to write articles on any topic in the Computer/Programming Niche. It can be related to:
- Web development
- Program Explanation
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- News related to IT industry
- Tools used in the IT industry such as VSCode, Sublime Text, Postman, etc.
- Interview Experience
- Work Experience
- Your Journey as a Programmer
- Installation guide of any tool in Programming or other industry
- 30/60/90 days challenge on something in the Programming Niche
- Micro-processors 8085, 8086, etc.
- Any topic that involves computers
These are some topics that we have listed down. The list can extend to hundreds of topics. Long story short, you can write on any topic that involves computers.
3. Who can Write/Contribute?
Contributing articles on Programmers Portal is absolutely free and open for everyone. Whether you are a student or a professional, you are welcome to share your knowledge with others.
4. How do I choose a Topic to Write?
Before you start writing an article on any topic, you should first check if it already exists or not.
You can check if a topic is already covered or not in two ways:
- Using the search bar on the top of every page of our website.
- By logging in to your account and use the search bar in the All Posts section.
If the topic isn’t covered, you are good to go.
5. How do I start to Write an Article?
If you are totally new to our website, you have to first create an account by verifying your email address and you are good to go.
6. Best Practices to Write an Article
Here are some best practices you should follow while writing an article:
- The article must be at least 500 words long. However, if you choose a really small topic, in that case, we can allow you a 400-word long article. However, it is recommended that the article must contain an in-depth explanation and should contain at least 500 words.
- The article should not contain copied content/text from other websites.
- The article must not be published on any other platform before.
- It should contain at least one image. The image can be a gif, or normal image such as jpeg, png, etc. Do not copy images from other resources.
- It should not have any grammatical errors. You can use the Grammarly extension to avoid such grammatical errors.
- The article must be divided into shorter paragraphs. Do not use long paragraphs.
- Use examples wherever required.
- Use headings,sub-headings, bullet points, tables, quotes, etc. to make the article more user-friendly.
- Bold and italicized important text.
- Always try to highlight inline code using Enlighter Inline Highlighter. We have already provided this in tools.
- Make sure that the code works as expected in the worst-case scenarios.
7. How Long do I have to Wait for an Article to be Approved?
When you submit an article to be published, we cross-check that it meets our guidelines. This process takes some time.
So, you might have to wait for a couple of hours up to 2 days. However, we try to approve the article as earliest as possible.
You can also contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once again, thanks for visiting!