Python is an interpreted, object-oriented, high-level programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991. Python is simple and very easy to learn. It supports modules and packages which makes Python code more modular and reusable. This Python tutorial will give you a clear understanding of Python programming language from scratch.
Features of Python
Python is a very popular, developer-friendly programming language. It has several amazing features which make it one of the most liked programming language. Some of the most significant features are discussed below –
1. Easy to Code: Python is a high-level programming language. It has all its syntax similar to simple English language, which makes it easy to learn.
2. Open Source and Free: Python is an open-source programming language. It means that its source code is available publicly. You can download Python from its official website for free.
3. An Object-Oriented Programming Language: Similar to other programming languages, Python is an object-oriented programming language, which means that it supports Oops concepts. It supports concepts of classes and objects.
4. A High-Level Language: Python is a high-level programming language. So when you write code in Python, you don’t need to manage the memory allocation and also no need to remember the system architecture.
5. A Portable Language: Python is a portable programming language. This means, If we have a Python code for windows and we want to run the same code on other platforms such as Linux, Unix, or Mac then we don’t need the change the code. The same code will work similarly on all platforms.
6. An Interpreted Language: Python is an interpreted programming language. Therefore, Python code is executed line by line. Like other programming languages, there is no need to compile the code in Python. This feature makes it much easier to debug.
7. Built-in Library Support: Python has several built-in libraries that provide several modules. Anyone can use these modules in their programs. Therefore, you don’t need to write much code.
8. A dynamically Typed Programming Language: Python is a dynamically typed programming language. Therefore, there is no need to define the type of a variable in Python. The type of a variable in Python is decided at run time. This is actually the key feature of Python.
9. Extensible Feature: Python is an extensible programming language. This means, you can write python code in other programming languages like c or c++ and can compile the same code in c or c++ or in any other programming language.
10. GUI Support: Python supports many features and libraries that helps us developing graphical applications. Python has very popular frameworks like Django and Tkinter which are used to create such GUI.
Applications of Python
Python is widely used in real time applications. Some of them are listed below:
- Web Development
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Game Development
- Data Science
- Audio and Video applications
- Business Applications
- 3D CAD Applications
- Enterprise Applications
- Image Processing
- Software Development
In the next Python tutorial we will learn how to install Python on our computer and also will write our first Python program.